Marketing motivation may seem hard but I have something to share.
OK, I’m going to tell you something you won’t like. But it’s OK because you need to hear it and I’m coming from a place of love. Please sit down because this may hurt. Are you ready?
OK here goes.
It’s not working.
There I said it.
Your family, your friends they don’t want to tell you. Or maybe they did but you didn’t want to hear it.
But it’s true and it’s not and you know it.
You know that $1997 home study marketing course you brought that was going to change the whole way you do business? It’s not working.
You know that $5000 you just paid for a ‘6 figure teleseminar business’? It’s not working.
I know. I’m a softie for a good course or a good book too. I love to learn. And you know what? A lot of them are great and offer valuable information but it’s not working.
You want to know how I know?
Because you can’t pay all your bills this month. Because you don’t have any clients this month or maybe you do but it’s not enough.
The problem is your missing this one key piece.
You know how I know. Because it’s not working.
Now wait a minute…sit back down. You may be thinking:
- I believe it’ll works; I just haven’t had time to go through all the modules yet.
- I just need more [insert name here] training.
- This is the one. I know it’s what I need to grow my business.
- [Insert your own excuse, um sorry, your reply here]
Whatever the reason, I get it. Your intentions are good. But it’s not working.
Here’s what I need you to know. PLEASE…just read on for a few more minutes. I promise it won’t be painful.
Start and stop marketing is the worst thing you can do if you really want to get more clients.
You know the secret most three years know (and they didn’t even have to take a course on this)?
‘If I keep on trying to get what I want, I’ll eventually get it.’
You know what I’m talking about, all you parents, aunties and uncles out there. You’ve been on the receiving end of the whining or sometimes even rational reasoning from that three year old who really wants something. (You’d be surprise what three year olds comes up with.)
You even had to chuckle to yourself when you gave in. Why? Because you know what that three year old just proved. Persistence works.
per·sist·ence – firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition.
You know where else persistence works? Your Marketing!
Let’s look at the definition of persistence closely and see what it means for your marketing?
- A firm or obstinate continuance…: This means you’re continually doing something. That start and stop marketing does not work.
- …in a course of action. Course of action is a ‘procedure adopted to deal with a situation’. So let’s keep it simple here because complicated keeps gets old real fast. Pick 2 or 3 marketing tactics you want to work on for the next 60 days.
- …in spite of difficulty or opposition. This means you may not see results immediately, but that’s OK. We know persistence works so it’s not the time to give up or start a new marketing tactic.
That’s it! Nothing more, nothing less. Let go of that start and stop marketing. Effective marketing is really about making a choice and sticking with it for a period of time. Work that choice in an organized, persistent way and you’ll see results. I promise.
OK…you can get up now. I hope we’re still friends. The truth hurts but so does sitting on a cactus. But you get up, rub your butt for a minute and keep it moving.
So get up now, rub your butt for minute and go forth and persist.